An essay, article, or a blog should have a clear structure and format. Unattractive structure, wrong formatting, incorrect grammar usage, are all the reasons why a reader will not continue to read your essay. The most important thing is that the quality of the essay should be excellent, which conveys a clear and consistent message. Creating an essay plan writing is a great solution that will help you remember the main points when writing an essay.
How to Write an Essay Plan
Those who are unsure of how to start writing an essay can make an essay writing plan. The plan reflects the future structure of the essay; the essay plan will define how to compose an essay and serves as the basis. It is impossible to understand how to write an essay without having a preliminary plan. Although the plan may change during the work (and significantly), it is necessary to prepare a plan before writing an essay.
To make a plan, you need to study the topic first. After you get thoroughly familiar with it, you should take a look at the relevant material on the subject. It is only after studying that the time will come to reflect on the proposals and arguments that simply need to be reflected in the plan.
Tips for Writing an Essay Plan
Every essay patterns differ in terms of topic, subject, academic level, word count, etc. As we all know, the essay plan depends heavily on essay plan format, structure, topic, type and word limit. The structure can be easily imagined. But it is better to draw up a rough plan before. The plan is the “skeleton” of the text on which the “body” will be written later. Every text needs a plan, and the essay needs it first.
- Before you begin writing an essay, you need to formulate a plan, an idea, set a goal and find relevant sources of information to include in your work.
- Use the freewriting method. Its principle is to write down all the thoughts that come to your mind without changing them and not thinking about grammar, punctuation, style, etc. This is a good step to compile all the ideas and adjust them later.
- It’s important to focus on writing a good essay introduction paragraph. An introduction can also be written after writing the main body. In this section, you need to make it clear what the essay topic is and what information it will contain.
- One fairly common option is to write an essay is by starting with a question that will be answered later.
The essay plan format covers the following:
The first paragraph or the first part of the text introduces the reader to the topic and introduces him to the discussion associated with the essay. The introduction of the essay should be written according to the word limit of the essay – usually, one or two paragraphs are sufficient.
The main body should contain the most important information in the essay. Especially when making an essay plan as it can have different structures:
- Thesis argument, thesis argument, thesis argument, etc. In this case, we first identify the idea and then prove it.
- Reverse structure (facts and conclusion). Describe the situation or mention facts and figures.
- The dissertation and various arguments (facts). In this case, the idea can be confirmed by various illustrations. The dissertation can be at the beginning or after these illustrations.
The word ‘thesis’ here means a short, complete idea that the writer wants to convey to the reader of the essay. It may be a situation in life, an event, an accident, a scientific theory or a fact that has been scientifically proven.
In conclusion, we usually summarize everything mentioned in the essay. The writer summarizes the results in the last section. It is important that the conclusion should not be stretched or irrelevant. The professional editors at the Royal UK Essay Writers suggest not to include anything new in the conclusion rather it requires summarizing and presenting the findings of the essay. Keep the summary short and to the point to convey a clear message to the readers.
The Essay Plan Structure
The structure of an essay is not standard. It does not contain a table of contents, a list of references or a title page. It is a free type of essay where the writer can express himself as he wants. The only thing that determines an essay structure is that it should have a logic. Everything must be written according to the laws of logic. Whatever the size or word limit, the writing plan of the essay should be adjusted accordingly.
Despite the fact that the composition of an essay has a free form, there are still structural characteristics that you must follow. First of all, they depend on the genre requirements:
- All of the writer’s ideas should be mentioned in the thesis;
- Every thesis must be supported by facts and arguments.
In this case, you can share known facts and figures, events, objects, scientifically proven facts, etc. On average, the essay usually has a small size (standard volume and is a few A4 sheets). It begins with an explanation of the problem and then provides the formulation of different (usually three) sheets and 2-3 arguments for these sheets. Many students who find it difficult to write arguments and counter-arguments ask professionals to write my essay because it needs proper referencing to support these arguments. Once discussion is done, the essay ends with a general conclusion.
Remember, you should not strive to immediately draw an essay plan. The process takes times and the plan can be edited anytime, or you can stick to the same plan. If it’s easier for the writer to follow a strict plan, then it is worth taking the time to prepare it.
All the main ideas should be reflected in the form of plan points. It is then displayed in as much detail as possible, with each paragraph divided into multiple paragraphs. Then read the plan again and make sure that each element is in its place and detailed enough.