The most important part after clearing the entrance test is to write an admission essay, which is a crucial part of the admission process of every university. Admission essay writing is more than just writing a two page essay that you have been writing till now. An admission essay helps universities to know you beyond your grades, achievements and extracurricular performance.
It is your only chance to showcase your personality, goals, influences, challenges, life experiences, or lessons learned that can leave a positive impression on the admission committee. Hence, it requires to be good enough to make you stand out from the rest.
If you’re looking forward to get into your dream college, this article is definitely going to provide you all the right admission essay help you need.
Tips to Write an Admission Essay
1. Research and Brainstorming
Proper research and brainstorming lay the best foundation of an impressive essay. You need to do the research about your potential universities and their programs thoroughly. This would help you explain more about why you are the perfect fit for the university.
Some universities ask for both a personal statement and a statement of purpose/letter of intent. Once you have decided about the best place to study for you, you need to search addmission essay writing templates to get started. In most cases, you need to focus more on your life experiences and qualities while writing the personal statement. Besides, when you need to write the statement of purpose, focus more on your academic experiences and goals.
After you are done with your research the next thing you should do is to carefully consider each prompt given by the university to write an admission essay. If you feel yourself drawn to a particular prompt, think about relevant information about yourself that universities will find appealing with proper evidences. Even though one prompt draws your attention, do consider the other choices and see if you can gather better information and evidences. Remember if you consider a potentially well-read topic, try to approach it in a unique way to make yourself stand out from other applicants.
Once, you are confident enough about a particular prompt with enough detail, then start by writing a rough draft first.
2. Initialize writing
When you begin writing your rough draft, write all the information have in your mind and shape in the essay format. Reread each and everything carefully to check if you have given relevant information with strong evidences. After checking your mistakes, make the required changes when you write an admission essay, keeping an eye on the word count. Then, take a break and read it again before beginning to write the final draft.
3. Follow a template
Error free writing is not sufficient enough, to make your essay look more appealing use a template to create a solid college admission essay format.
Admission essay template usually consists of three parts: A thesis statement, the body (or supporting information) and, the conclusion.
- Thesis: Your thesis statement serves as an overview of what information you are going to share about yourself. It should also include in three or less sentences about the reasons why you deserve to get the admission and how would you add value to the college community. You need to describe your greatest abilities and talents, but have to remain humble at the same time.
- Body: Here you will support your thesis statement with 3-5 pieces of evidence. It’s particularly important when writing a piece about yourself that you write honestly and stick to one writing style. Put the words in your own voice and write elements that are relevant to the essay. Remember, the body of your essay will be the foundation of your entire essay so, it should offer ample information which proves that you are a credible applicant.
- Conclusion: Your conclusion will provide a summary of your argument or story. It needs to be brief, but has to pack a punch. Remember, you’ve already offered your thesis statement and the necessary supporting evidence in your body, therefore don’t present any new information in the conclusion.
Make sure to don’t add excess information and include only absolutely essential details that are relevant to the program you are applying for, so that your reader just doesn’t skim through rather than reading your essay thoroughly.
After completing the final draft in the correct format, get your essay read by others for review to make sure you are handling an error free and relevant essay to the admission office.
Things you need to avoid when writing admission essay
You now have the idea of what to include in your essay and how to do it. But, it is equally important to know what you need to avoid in order to have a perfect admission essay.
- Avoid sharing damaging information: sharing information about you being suspended, fired, arrested or anything similar can put a bad impression on the admission committee.
- Explore more about life in UK: If you are not living in the UK, you can consider learning about international students living in UK to find out about accommodation, registration and student bank accounts in UK.
- Thesaurus abuse: don’t use words that you are not much familiar with in your daily life as they may look awkward if not used relevantly.
- Repetition: repeating information may reflect that you don’t have any further relevant information about the topic and may make your reader bored. Make sure to write interesting experiences when you write an admission essay.
- Reflecting negativity: if your essay reflects you as a negative person, your chances of getting the admission may decrease as the admission committee always prefers an enthusiastic applicant more.
- Gimmicking: the admission committee comprises of well-experienced people who can easily notice whether you are being honest or not. Hence, only write the things you have experienced.
- Procrastination: writing an admission essay needs practice and determination to give out fruitful results. The sooner you begin the easier it gets for you to successfully submit an excellent essay before the deadline.
Now that you are fully aware of the tricks to write the best admission essays, start working on yours to get into your dream college. These instructions for an admission essay writing can also be used when writing an admission essay for college or university. Alternatively, you can ask the Royal UK Essay Writers expert for help and writing tips. So, you can use this guide to write your admission essay and boost your chances to get admission in your college.
Is this article helpful for witting an admission essay for masters degree?
Yes, the requirements are usually the similar hence, this article is a perfect guide to help you write the admission essay for bachelors and masters both.
Is this article useful when we write for a college admission?
Yes, you need to make a few adjustments when you write an admission essay for a college or university admission.